Experienced professionals join Board as company ramps-up to commercial launch
ZUG, SWITZERLAND – Equibit Group AG - developers of the Equibit blockchain prototcol, a peer-to-peer network for the creation and trading of equity and debt - has announced the appointment of several professionals to its board of Directors. The Board will help shape the final stages of Company development as it ramps-up to commercial launch, introducing a level of oversight rarely seen in pre-mine stage companies.
“We now have international finance, technology and investment professionals advising on Equibit Group’s future, ensuring both the Company and investors realize their vision of moving capital markets to the Internet,” explained Chris Horlacher, CEO, Equibit Group AG.
Equibit Group’s modern blockchain will greatly simplify the processes of securities registration, post-trade clearing and settlement for issuers and investors – cumbersome procedures currently bottlenecked by third-party intermediaries. Equibit Group’s Board now consists of the following members:
- Chris Horlacher, co-founder and CEO, Equibit Group (Chair) – Chris co-founded Equibit Group in 2015 and is one of the world’s foremost authorities on cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
- Peter Braun, director, European Business Angels Network (Director) – Peter is a rocket scientist by training and a 20-plus year serial entrepreneur, today considered one of the world’s leading angel investors.
- Eelco Fiole, managing partner, Alpha Governance Partners and CFO Equibit (Director) – Eelco is co-founder and managing partner of Alpha Governance Partners, a fiduciary services firm, and an accomplished international executive in banking and alternative investment management.
- Efi Pylarinou, Efi Pylarinou Advisory (Director) – Efi holds a Ph.D., in Finance and has more than 20 years of finance experience. She is co-founder of “Daily Fintech,” an established insight-driven platform. In 2016 and 2017, she was named to “Women in Fintech’s” power list by Innovate Finance.
- Harvey Wortsman, Managing Director, MC Integrated (Director) – Harvey is an EVP with Equibit Group. He is also the Managing Partner at MC Integrated, a firm that matches private equity with investment opportunities. He previously spent 25 years working in corporate law.
- Learn more about Equibit in this video
- This Op-Ed outlines our vision for the future of blockchain development
- Here’s our investor deck
- Have you heard? There’s an EQB Presale underway. To learn more, click here or to purchase here.
About Equibit Group AG
Formed in 2015, Equibit Group AG bring the benefits of blockchain technology to capital markets to democratize access to growth capital worldwide. Our wallet leverages the full functionality of the Equibit blockchain and can execute cross-chain atomic swaps between Equibit, Bitcoin, and any other cryptocurrency with similar scripting features. Our vision is for the world of finance to move onto the Internet, with massive public blockchains acting as the ultimate registration systems for securitized assets. Equibit Group AG is headquartered and Zug, Switzerland.
For more on the company, visit www.equibitgroup.com.
For details, please contact:
1 (416) 479 8684